What is Academy @ The Focus?
Academy @ The Focus is a free virtual program preparing artists for their journey through the world’s top visual effects studios through intensive training. Technicolor’s diversified reach in visual effects enables us to guide, mentor, and train these artists to meet the highest industry standards.
Our courses prepare you for a career in visual effects by working with industry experts on their creative, technical, procedural, and soft skills. They also provide a great opportunity to gain experience and expertise to build upon as you progress in your career. Upon completion of the course you will have the opportunity to directly apply for available roles at Technicolor, and potentially receive a joining bonus, if offered a position.
- A course of 12 weeks to get you up to the standard required to deliver first-class VFX
- Dedicated mentoring from a senior industry member
- Intensive training using industry standard software tools (provided) while using our high-quality training materials
- Continued access to video tutorials featuring industry experts and the potential to use your project work in showreels
- The opportunity to apply to available roles at Technicolor
1: VFX Compositing Pipeline, Colour theory and Colour Grading
2: Screen levelling for Green/Blue Screen and Fix the issues, Introduction of Keying
3: Primary Keying, Secondary Keying and Addictive Keying
4: Despill and Edge blending, Integration of FG and BG and Perspective Adjustment
5: Defocus and Integration
6: Using 2D elements into Compositing, Tracking and Projection
7: Volume and Light integration of element in Compositing, QC Training
8: Element Compositing
9: Introduction of CG Compositing and Basics of lighting
10: Introduction of Deep Compositing
11: Practicing on Complex Shot
12: Exercise and final assessment
We use the Teradici cloud workstation desktop client which runs on nearly any computer that has the following operating systems: Windows 10, MacOS and Linux.
Our cloud workstations provide required software and course assets, and require at least 10mb broadband (20mb+ recommended).
Minimum Technical Requirements:
External monitor with HD resolution
RJ45 LAN port
- Recent graduates of a VFX programme or entry/junior level candidates looking for their first break in the VFX industry.
- Candidates ready to cross the bridge from learning into a professional career.
- Artists with a drive, passion, and commitment to deliver first-class VFX.
Please apply with your demo reel and CV attached.